The current healthcare trainwreck has been coming for a long time. The Rick Scott administration in Tallahassee has done a great job of helping companies make money on healthcare. And Rick Scott knows about helping healthcare companies make money: (https://www.factcheck.org/2014/06/floridas-medicare-fraud-flashback/). Yet, the actual people that need healthcare are suffering. For twenty years I have advocated for healthcare for the working people of Polk County. If you elect me to be the Senator for District 26 - I will make you my primary concern. I will support healthcare legislation that improves ACCESS, EQUITY, QUALITY and AFFORDABILITY of healthcare for ALL Floridians.
Healthcare for All
* Reduce the Healthcare Squeeze on Middle-Class Floridians
* Expand and Reform Medicaid in Florida
* Fund and Respect the Vital Work of the Florida Health Department
* Protect Residents of Long-Term-Care Facilities With Actions, Not Words
* Bring Florida's Mental Health Services to National Standards