Hello my name is Lakey Love. I am writing as the volunteer state outreach coordinator for the grassroots Women’s March on Washington DC to be held on January 21, 2017.
Inside this second follow up email I hope to provide you with UPDATED information about the Women’s March on Washington.
1) The National Team had created a website at www.womensmarch.com and the formal mission statement for the march and lots of other information can be found there.
2) We will gather at the intersection of Independence Ave and Third St SW, near the US Capitol, at 10:00 AM on January 21st, 2017.
3) There have been lots of questions about solidarity marches in Florida. Our Florida Women’s March on Washington Team is not affiliated with organizing those marches but has provided a growing document with LINKS to SOLIDARITY MARCHES around the state for your perusal. For our formal STATEMENT on solidarity marches please follow THIS LINK. We hope that marchers with disabilities are given rightful and user friendly access to fully participate.
4) The Florida team has continued to work to streamline busing by organizing with Rally Bus. Here is the link to Rally Bus’s page for the march where you can purchase tickets for a bus departing near you.
5) The organization of the march has taken place completely at a grassroots level. Each state is organizing and within each state there are local districts. The Florida Facebook Event Page has information for all 17 districts of Florida. Contact information for the 17 team captains, including emails and names can be found HERE. Please watch the Facebook event for email streamlining across the state soon.
6) We are asking all those who can PLEASE DONATE to SUPPORT a MARCHER from FLORIDA. All funds raised by the Florida Team’s campaign are being used to sponsor individuals from Floida who would not otherwise be able to attend because of financial hardship. The link to donate can be found HERE. The average bus ticket is around 250 dollars.
7) We are currently collecting ENDORSEMENTS for the march. This is a list of endorsements the march has already. If you know of an organization that might be willing please contact me (Lakey Love - email@example.com) or our state leader Emma Collum (firstname.lastname@example.org)
8) For information and guidelines on SIGNS at the march please READ this post.
9) We are just beginning to have the conversation on how to make the organizing of this march into a UNITED MOVEMENT in FLORIDA after January 22, 2017. If you are interesting in continuing the work we started here please watch for future email and FILL OUT THIS FORM!!!
For information and answers on the Florida specific Frequently Asked Questions sheet please follow this LINK. This FAQ sheet includes links to Closed Facebook Groups for each local area organizing in the state.
My number is 850-345-0018. Please call anytime. For any further questions you may also contact the Florida Chapter State Administrator. Her information is as follows:
Emma Collum, Esq.
Florida Chapter State Administrator for Women’s March on Washington
Looking forward to working with you all and seeing you in Washington DC in January.
Tallahassee/Panhandle Team Captain
Women’s March on Washington 2017